- Wellcome Trust Postdoctoral Research Fellow (1999-2000). Population Studies, Department of Social Policy, London School of Economics, London
- Ph.D. Population Studies (1992), Annamalai University, Annamalainagar.
- M.A. Population Studies (1983), Annamalai University, Annamalainagar.
- B.Sc. Mathematics (1980), Madras University, Madras.
Areas of Interest:
- Fertility and mortality analysis, ageing and health, social determinants of health, population and development and large-scale health surveys.
- Member, International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP).
- Member, British Society for Population Studies (BSPS).
- Life Member, Indian Association for the Study of Population (IASP).
- President, IIPS Alumni Association (IIPSAA)
Consultant / Advisor:
- Advisor, Multi-country studies cluster, Evidence, Information and Research (EIP) division, World Health Organization, Geneva Headquarters
- Consultant, Department of Population, and Global Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston.
- Consultant, University of Southern California, California
- Expert Group Member, NPHCE, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), GoI
- Expert Group Member on NCDs, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), GoI
- Member, Scientific Panel on Policy Research and Data Needs to Meet the Challenge of Population Ageing in Asia, National Academy of Sciences (NAS), USA
- Member, Scientific Panel on Policy Research and Data Needs to Meet the Challenge of Population Ageing in Asia, Indian National Science Academy (INSA).
- Consultant, Ministry of Health, Government of Qatar, Qatar
Any other information:
P. Arokiasamy has more than 100 publications: includes 80 scientific research articles in peer-reviewed international and national journals, 5 books and 20 printed research reports (please see www.researchghate.net/P.Arokiasamy; www.scholar.google.com)
- Published research articles – 80
- international journals - 60
- national journals - 14
- book chapters -6
- Published Books -5
- Printed Research Reports-20
- Research Projects Completed
- International Projects – 4
- IIPS Projects - 6
- Ongoing Research Projects- 3
International Projects – 2
- IIPS Project -1
Peer-reviewed articles for the journals:
Studies in Family Planning, Journal of Population Ageing, Asian Population Studies, Journal of European Population Studies, International Family Planning Perspectives, Maternal and Child Health, BMJ Public Health, Artha Vigjana, Social Science & Medicine, Reproductive Health Matters, Sexual and Reproductive Health Care, Indian Journal of Medical Research, Demography India, Social Biology, International Journal of Sociology, International Journal of Social Economics, Indian Journal of Education Research. Plus reviewed invited papers for books and special issues.
Country visited :
- United Kingdom, United States of America, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, South Korea, North Korea